If an image is worth a thousand words, imaging how powerful a video can be.
After a humble beginning in 2005, YouTube has become more than just a place to watch cat videos. YouTube has been emerged as a second largest search engine, a driver of online culture.
Since 2005, YouTube is keep on growing like fire in forest. And it is not wrong to say that it is become the one of the best tool for marketing. Startups, Enterprises, Industries, Corporates even Government is using it for marketing to reach the targeted audience and achieve the desired results.
As we all are pretty much confident that YouTube can be used as a platform for pushing our product and services in the market. However, it is not just put a video on it and that’s it. It is not about what tools you have. it’s about how you are using them. Though YouTube is a great platform for marketing but we should know how to do it in a right way for the particular industry.
“You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else.” Albert Einstein.
Below is the complete guide for how to Market your Mobile App on YoutTube.
2016 has just begun and we already can see the market being flooded with new mobile apps. With such crowd of very useful and advanced level mobile apps, we are constantly looking for new way to promote our apps and rise above the tide.
There are various methods that we can use in order to promote our mobile app, like starting a blog, email marketing, social media promotion, paid advertising, and videos etc.
“Video Marketing is a powerful mean for promoting anything you want online, whether it’s a product, service, website, blog and mobile apps”
But many companies have not taken full advantage of the YouTube for marketing their mobile & web apps. Statics show that estimate 8000 year worth of videos are watched on a daily basis and that’s only in the US.
In this post, we will show you all the basics of the YouTube marketing strategies.
Evaluate the Account Options:
There are two type of YouTube channel
- User Channel: User’s channels are always free. It is basic type channel that anyone can start with.
- Partner channels: Partner channels must be accepted as a “YouTube partner”. Partner channels get a share of revenue from ads that run on their videos.
Create a strong Content Strategy:
“Content is anything that adds value to the reader’s life” – unknown
Content act as a bridge between you and your audience which helps in deliver the message to your audience. Content is the base for any type of marketing and this is the toughest part.
First of all, prepare content strategy, it is formulated into a plan which should initially include figuring out what kind of video content needs to be written for the app.
Here, we are highlighting some guidelines in order for you to create an idea for your video.
What makes your app awesome? Can you show people using your app? How your app is different from others and how you can show this difference in video?
What type of video content works? Here are a few suggestions for you:
- Testimonial – Try to collect some video testimonials from satisfied user and upload it to your channel. This verifies that you are delivering great services and your existence users are satisfied with the services you offer.
- Product description – A short video on describing Mobile App helps user to understand what is all about.
- Screenshots – Take some screenshots of your App and merge it to create a video so that user can see the functionalities and categories of App.
- Humorous viral video – This is the best way to cover the mass audience. Create a funny, interesting video and upload it to YouTube channel. Rest work will be done by the audience.
- Remarkable demonstrations – Demonstrate Mobile App so that user can figure out how to use this Mobile App for maximum benefits.
Manage and promote your Channel and App videos:
If you create a YouTube channel and let it collect dust, it is useless and worthless. So, remember my good friends, to keep your channel fresh, upload new and unique videos.
And do not forgot to do the following for your app promotion.
It is exited!
- First create a cool introduction and splash screen with your app icon.
- Talk about your app feature, how it works.
- Used your logo as a watermark in your videos.
- Create and join YouTube groups and promote your app
- Leave your app video responses to other videos.
Have a promotional trailer because YouTube allows you to have a separate trailer for new visitors. It is an advantage to introduce new visitor to your channel and mobile app.
Optimize your Channel and Video:
If you understand search engine optimization, then you will also familiar with YouTube video optimization.
Consider following things in YouTube video optimization.
- Title – Put related Keywords in title which describe the Mobile App. Like. You have a Mobile App of Social Networking then the Title would be “Social Networking Mobile App | Mobile App like Facebook.
- Keywords – Put related keywords so that YouTube can consider you Mobile App when user search for desired App.
- Tags – Use Tags as “Social Network App”, “App like Facebook” , “Apps for Fun”
- Description – Put complete description in the video and describe your Mobile App.
- Channel Name – Choose an interesting and user friendly name for the YouTube channel so that user can remember it easily.
“Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.” – Arthur Ashe
Start marketing of your App via YouTube while using above guidelines and do implementations much as you can.
In case if I miss anything or you have a greater marketing strategy that you would like to share, let us know. Thank you for your time. I like It